2011年5月24日 星期二

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time

Sorry I forgot to put a post in the previous week, because I was having a triathlon competition in the weekend. It was really fun to enjoy the water, air, and sunshine with my triathlon teammates in Hualien. Although I did not feel satisfied with my time in this competition, but it made me realized that I did not train myself enough. Therefore, I will try my best next time, and the next game will be on 18th June, 2011.

This is the first time that I began to read the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time. My first impression of the book was that this book was a really easy book to read, because it did not have many difficult vocabularies and the idea was easy to figure out for me. So, I really enjoyed to read this book, and I finished the first quarter of the book very soon. I felt eased because the narrator, Christopher, is close to our age, and I was fascinated by the way he thinks. He is a straight-forward boy who has a different definition for ordinary things compare to normal people. For example, people may think it will be a good day if they woke up and found the weather is nice and clear. Unlike normal people, Christopher defines it is a good if he saw 4 or more red cars in a row. I loved the way he thinks outside the box.
During our class time, our teacher also discussed a inherited problem with us. "Will you leave any of your wealth to your children? and will you divide your wealth equally to them?" asked my teacher. I found the the question interesting because we had a different point of view between western and eastern culture. Chinese likes to leave their wealth to their decedents, but westerners do not. For me, I will spend all my money on investing my children. I will make sure they have the ability to live on their own before I leave them. Therefore, I will not leave any of my money to them, because I want them to realize that they will not have any inheritance so that they can be lazy. I want to provide them a fishing pole and teach them how to fish but not feed them with the fish that I caught.

沒有留言:

張貼留言