2011年6月12日 星期日

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time Review Part I

After weeks of reading of the book, The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night Time, I would like to share my thoughts and opinions about this book with you, and I will separate it into four parts. In each part, I will talk about the different quarter of the book and my reflection. Also, after reading this book, I highly recommend this book to those who has not read it before. I think you will find this book sophisticated, attractive, and interesting.
In the first quarter of the book, the author clearly illustrated Christopher's uniqueness and his difficulty with the society.The story began with Christopher killed the dog, Wellington, of his neighbor, Mrs. Shears. Christopher's resistance of police investigation got him under arrested and given warning. Then Christopher was determined to find out who killed the dog despite it was banned by his father.
I found the first quarter of the book interesting. It was like watching a show, but in the show, you can see what the actor is thinking about.I started to realize how different a person with Asperger syndrome can act compare to normals. What fascinated me the most was how Christopher determined a goo day or not. In the book, he defined a good day if he was 4 red cars in a row, and 5 red cars in a row mean "super good day", which it will be a day for him to take risk. On the other hand, he defined a bad day if he was 4 yellow cars in a row and 5 for a "super bad day". In a super bad day, he will isolate himself. He will not talk to any one. Moreover, he said if he had two "super bad day" for two days, he can close his eyes in the next day on his way to school. It made me wonder whether there were so many red or yellow cars that he can see "in a row", which I thought it will be a interesting topic to discuss. Nonetheless, I really admired Christopher of his way of think. It was unique and outside the box. People may say it was because he had mental disorder, but I said it was observant and creative.

沒有留言:

張貼留言