2011年6月12日 星期日

Warning Addictive --> ASEAN Plus summit

In this grading period, there was a week that few of my classmate and I were not in Taiwan. We were in Singapore attending a simulated ASEAN Plus summit which was held by Duman High School.  It was like Model United Nation(MUN). There were 6 different councils in the conferecne. Every team will assign on people to be the delegate of certain country to attend  one of the council. In each council, delegates will discuss on various global issues.
When I was there, I was assigned to the press corp council. Unfortunately, that was the only council that did not need to speak in the council, because we were in charged with the reports that we needed to hand in at the end of each day. The report mainly recorded what happened in the council that you were assigned to (not the press corp council but the other one). So, I could only sit on the side, watch the delegates discussed eagerly in the conference, and put my head down focusing on writing on my report. The feeling was like you wanted something and that thing was right in front you, but you still cannot get it.
Although I did not get the chance to speak in the conference, but I made a lot of friends in Singapore. There were people coming from different countries to join the conference. Not only I can learn about their countries, but also I got to listen to their accents and it was really hard for me to get what were they talking about. After this trip to Singapore, I was like addicted to MUN and this kind of conference, because when I was backed, the first thing I did was checking when is the nearest MUN conference going to be held. I am really looking forward to the next time of my MUN experience.

沒有留言:

張貼留言